Here are three ways to make your offer more competitive.
 

It’s very difficult to get your offer accepted in this crazy market we have right now. A recent listing of mine received 67 offers on it in just the first seven days it was on the market! That’s why today I’ll share three tips that will help buyers gain a competitive edge so that they can hopefully find success:

1. Make sure that your agent follows the directions in the MLS. Examples include knowing which number to call or text to schedule a showing, specific instructions on how the seller wants the offer to be submitted, what types of documents they want to be included, and so on. Agents that fail to follow these instructions will be set a notch down from the other buyer’s agents in the market.

2. Have your agent call the listing agent. What is it the seller ultimately wants? For example, many buyers assume that all sellers want a fast close, but that’s not always the case. Some sellers want a 60-day escrow, and others might want a 30-day escrow and then rent the property back from you for a period of time. Be sure to find out what is motivating the seller and craft your offer accordingly.

3. Have your agent shoot a heartfelt video of you and your family. You’ve likely heard of buyers writing letters to sellers in an attempt to connect with them. This is a great strategy, but it’s also one that everyone seems to be using these days. What’s more, the written word is only 7% of communication—the other 93% comes from the tone, energy, and other verbal cues. That’s why it’s a good idea to have your agent make a film of you and your family, so you can explain why you want to buy the seller’s home and create an emotional link between you and the buyer. Being able to see you this way will make the seller remember you, which is key if you want them to accept your offer.

If you have any questions or need assistance as you purchase your next home, reach out to us. We’d love to help you out.